£30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) plus discretionary quarterly bonus
Wealth Management, Financial Services
Permanent, Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Montgomery Charles is a highly personalised Wealth Management company who specialise in giving expert financial planning advice to Dentists, Business Owners and Private Clients. We seek a dedicated, full time Technical Paraplanner to join our friendly, busy and vibrant team.
We are a small company with big ambitions, so it is normal practice to encourage individuals to develop ongoing ‘value adding’ projects alongside their everyday responsibilities. These projects intend to continually improve the way we do business. This adds an element of diversity to the average day and also helps the team feel a sense of ownership within the company, so we are looking for a likeminded team player eager to contribute new ideas and a desire to make a difference.
The successful candidate will be working with an exceptional team of high achievers coordinated by our Client Experience Manager. They will be trained and mentored over an intensive three month period, gaining exposure to all elements of the role. The successful candidate will continue to be supported in their training, development and studies as they establish themselves within the team.
The candidate’s primary role is to support the consultants ahead of their client meetings and key Paraplanner duties include:
- Preparing compliant, technical suitability reports and ‘Financial Life Plan’ reports detailing the consultant’s
- recommendations for the client
- Manage client annual reviews
- Carry out technical research and analyse data collected on behalf of clients
- Accurately invest client money as per Consultants’ recommendations post client meetings
- Liaise with clients post meetings answering technical queries
- Proactive in identifying investments/tax saving opportunities for clients
- Manage and prioritise your work
- Evaluate investment portfolios with consultants
- Liaising and working closely with the Service Team
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- A minimum of the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Dip PFS)
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of pension knowledge
- Worked in a similar role for at least 2 years
- Aspires to gain Chartered status
- Back office system experience (We use Prestwood Truth)
Candidates must have excellent IT skills in MS Word & Excel and the ability to work under pressure to deadlines. We pride ourselves on our processes and continue to evolve and improve our clients’ experience.
It is imperative that the candidate has an excellent telephone manner and superb customer service skills. The successful candidate will demonstrate high inter-personnel and organisational attributes and be ready to support the rapid growth of this dynamic financial planning practice.
An exceptional opportunity for the right personality, this position is an excellent choice for a candidate looking to get stuck into a varied and demanding but hugely rewarding position.
To apply send CV to Claire: [email protected] expressing specifically how you would add value to our team and how you would help our clients ‘Get more life out of life’©. We want to know what sets you apart from other candidates for this role.
Montgomery Charles Financial Management Ltd.
8 Wicker Hill, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JU
Tel: 01225 777999 | Fax: 01225 755355 | www.montgomerycharles.co.uk